Thursday, September 20, 2012

So about that whole blogging thing...

So turns out I made that last blog post and then encountered college life and next thing you know I'm a sophomore. I realized only recently that this isn't working out. Blogger requires a fair amount of effort and upkeep, and rightly so. But I don't have time for it. Worse, I don't even have much worth writing about.

So I made another change.

I jumped on another bandwagon.

Don't shoot me.

Seriously though, Tumblr is something I've resisted for a long time, mainly because I thought of it much like I thought of Blogger. I had to be witty, insightful and long-winded in every post. I had to have something to say. Sadly, I do not.

That's where Tumblr comes in.

Every day, I browse an unbelievably large assortment of links, photos, videos and other strata of the great procrastination machine known as the Internet. For a while now I've been simply sharing the better ones on Facebook, but then it hit me: why not use Tumblr? Many of the things I was sharing were even from Tumblr, so it'd be that much simpler to share them.

Makes me kinda sad to officially close this project down. It's been dormant for a while, with short intense bursts of activity every once in a while, but it'll always be my first extended foray into the blogosphere. I'll leave it up for the same reason I started it: in the hope of positively influencing someone, some day, somehow. If anyone ever takes away anything meaningful or thoughtful or just plain humorous from what I've written, I'll be content.

In the meantime, here's my Tumblr (yes I posted the same link three times). You'll find that it's much more active and, hopefully, worth a look.

ManEatingBadger, signing off on Blogger. Happy browsing.
Add caption

P.S. Sorry Lee!!! I didn't see your comment "Awaiting Moderation" 'til now, many apologies. I like your sites, hope you keep posting. Keep the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog